vrijdag 17 oktober 2008

Gender clinic

I read the whole website of the gender clinic in Amsterdam.
http://www.vumc.nl/afdelingen/zorgcentrum-voor-gender/

So I wanted to call them to make an appointment. I opened my cellphone, thought for a while and closed it again. Oh weak me.

3 opmerkingen:

Anoniem zei

Well its a really big step honey - of course its difficult. Don't be hard on yourself, I'm sure you will find the courage when the time is right :o)

Anoniem zei

It is for sure a big step, it is quite irreversible and you really have to know it for sure. The irreversible aspect of it has at least shunned me from taking steps in that direction. I've come a long way but I don't belong there (yet). Anyway it is a road for me. I'm comfortable where I am, though I know for sure I'll never be a "proper guy" (whatever that may mean), and I'm not in a rush to get anywhere fast.

If this is really the path you choose, I'll know on on one day for sure you'll be confident enough to pick up the phone and place that call.

Take care! *hug*

Calista zei

Thank you girls. But I am not going to ask for IT yet. All I want to have is a good talk and an acknowledgment that says I am eligible to do either a partly or a full transition. My current situation doesn't let me do it yet, it's too complicated to tell you. But you'll never know, I am aware that my life can change in one moment to another. And I want to be prepared for that moment. So I am going to ask them for a testosterone reducing hormone therapy.