donderdag 16 oktober 2008

Unfaithful

My wife's best friend, who lives next door, was in tears when she called my wife yesterday. She found out that her husband was cheating on her. He didn't went out for fishing last weekend, but he had a short vacation with another girl. And it has been going on for a while. It came as a shock for me too, as I know the guy quite well. He is a few years younger than me and he also has 2 children. His wife is very attractive, slim and sweet.

When I heard about my sister cheating on her husband, it didn't touched me. So why does my neighbors dramatic situation touches me so deep?

1 opmerking:

Anoniem zei

I suppose it depends on how good your sister's relationship with her husband was - maybe you knew more about it so it didn't shock you so much?

It sounds like your neighbours and friends, to all appearances, had a good relationship and you describe the wife as being very sweet. I'm sure it is a shock as you can't imagine why he would want to hurt her or do something so stupid when he has such a lovely wife?

I am sorry if this has hurt you and your wife though (and your wife's friend of course). I know what this feels like from personal experience and it made me feel quite sad too.